Friday, September 28, 2012

Fun Fact Friday #1

Hey everyone....it's Friday!!!! Who has fun plans this weekend?! Tomorrow I'm pretty much going to be spending the day watching the UCF game and then afterward my husband and I have a meeting with our realtor. Oh yeah, did I forget to tell you??? We're building a house!!! Yay! It's supposed to be done in the beginning of December and I am super duper excited! I am soooo tired of living in an apartment.

Anyway, tonight I have a kind of special post. I have a very love/hate relationship with glitter polish. I looooooove to wear it, but I haaaaate to take it off. Ugh. Well, I have finally got a solution to that problem! There will be no more scrubbing polish off your nails or soaking cotton cotton balls in acetone. All you have to do is use good old Elmer's Glue and your polish will peel right off! I have seen this technique posted on Facebook and a couple blogs in the last couple of weeks and I decided to finally try it. I ordered myself some empty nail polish bottles off EBay and filled one of them with glue. I brushed that on my nails first and let it dry completely. Then I did my usual thing and and peeled it all off the next day. It worked like magic! Look!!!









Those, my friends, are the remains of what used to be Butter London Gobsmacked. I know, right?! Now, I will say that if you're planning to wear your mani for a while (as in more than 2 days), I wouldn't use this technique. After a day my polish was separating a bit from the tips of my nails, so I'm really not sure how long this will really last on your nails before peeling off. But, if you're like me, I can't stand to look at the same color on my nails for more than 24 hours...so this would be perfect for you. :o)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That's so smart. Must try...especially for glitter polishes...and a great excuse to paint my nails more.

    ReplyDelete